Donate to Building Value
We want your reusable materials!
Donations of building materials are considered charitable contributions and may be tax deductible.
Material donations are accepted at the retail store Monday-Friday 9 am to 5 pm and Saturday from 9 am to 4 pm.
We can also pick up your items for $25 inside the I-275 loop and $35 outside the loop. Call 513-475-6783 or email us to have your donation approved and schedule a pickup or delivery time.
As a nonprofit organization, Building Value appreciates your financial support of our mission. Gifts can be made at the store or online.
Materials we accept:
- Minimum length 4 ft in re-usable condition
- If lumber has nails or screws, accepted at staff discretion
- Aluminum screen doors with complete frame
- Commercial doors, accepted at staff discretion
- Hollow core pre-hung doors in reusable condition
- Hollow core panel doors
- Residential security doors with or without frame
- Solid wood doors
- Complete with frame
- Double thermal pane vinyl, wood & aluminum
- Thermal pane with seals intact
- Single panel wood sash windows and windows that have been
repaired, accepted at staff discretion
- Picture windows up to 32 sq. ft.
- Kitchen & bath cabinets free of damage beyond simple repair.
Please include all doors and drawers.
- Particle board cabinets in very good condition
- Must be free of chips, cracks, deep scratches or severe stains
- Wall mount sinks accepted with wall bracket
- Fairly clean with no heavy caulking, glues, etc.
- Free of chips, cracks, deep scratches or severe stains
– exceptions may be made for claw foot tubs
Toilets / Urinals
- Clean and complete with lids
- Free of cracks or chips
- All toilets, staff discretion
- Vinyl flooring larger than 6′ x 6′
- Hardwood flooring in re-usable condition
- Flooring tile in reusable condition
- Re-usable in residential properties
- Appliances in good working order – accepted at staff discretion
- Ceiling tiles (2’x2′, 2’x4′) – accepted at staff discretion
- Concrete block
- Drywall/sheetrock in full or half sheets
- Fluorescent lighting fixtures
- Garden pavers
- Indoor/outdoor lighting
- New Carpet
- Office furniture – accepted at staff discretion
- Other sheet goods larger than 4’x4′
- Plumbing fixtures
- Tools (hand & power)
- Wooden window blinds and wooden curtain rods
Items must be in reusable condition. Ask yourself, “Would I give this to a friend or relative?” If yes, we’ll probably take it!
Materials we do NOT accept:
- Appliances that are non-working
- Chemicals of any kind
- Cultured marble
- Drop-in sinks
- Fluorescent light bulbs of any kind OR ballasts
- Mirrors or glass that is unframed
- Oil paint or stains
- Plain hollow-core doors
- Shower doors
- Toxic or flammable products
- Upholstered furniture
- Used carpet
For information about responsible disposal of these items, please visit our Green Resources page.
If you have questions regarding acceptable donations, please don’t hesitate to call us. We will be happy to discuss it with you and when applicable, arrange a pick-up. Some fees may apply.